Rogue Trader: Calles' Reach

I've just started running a PbP of Rogue Trader, and thought I'd show off the first map I've done as a handout. There's no scale on it because it's all a bit fluffy in the WH40k universe.

If you're familliar with the setting, this is towards the galactic core rather than the default Rogue Trader setting.

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    This is excellent. I'm not sure about your export settings though - the text doesn't look quite right. Maybe do a higher res export and then resample / anti-alias? Is the text exploded?
  • Don't mean to hijack this thread, but this has been bothering me for a while. What, exactly, does it mean to explode something? I've messed with it in CC3, but just have no idea what it is doing.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Exploding something divides it into its component parts. For example, exploding a symbol means you are left with the various entities that make up the symbol instead of the symbol as one atomic unit. It is basically a type of "ungrouping". Exploding Text reduces the text to basic CC3 shapes. These are far more predictable than normal text (You may have seen that the apparent length of a piece of text changes when compared to other map entities as you zoom in/out), but are no longer text, and therefore you cannot simply edit the text string anymore, nor change the font or other text properties.