Wireless Mouse Pen

Hi all. I am new to using CC3 and after struggling with my mouse, I was wondering if anyone is using a Mouse Pen or a Wacom tablet and stylus to use this program. If so, what is a good / cheap pen or tablet to pruchase? I have a ton of hand drawn maps that I would love to put in CC3 and tweak them. Any suggestions would be great.

Comments

• I know several folks around here are using tablets. They will pop by and help out eventually.
  • edited July 2008
    I wouldn't go cheap in buying a tablet since there are lots of cheap hardware out there that will make you scream at your tablet. I really recommand the wacom brand and thir intuos series. I have an Intuos2 6x9 with stylus and i am very satisfied with it. I use a lot of freehand drawing with my maps and the tablet is a charm. I don't use it that much for dungeon maps since those use more 90 degree angles and the mouse is more suited to that kind of maping. But for overland maps...the tablet is the way to go.

You can probably still find some Intuos2 models out there at reasonable prices. Maybe in the 100 $ to 200 $ price range. They are making the Intuos3 now and they have a model where the tablet is actually a screen where you can show you maps. It's absolutely incredible and it's called the Cintiq model. Here is a link to wet your appetite :) http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/20WSX.cfm

Pat
  • LatharionLatharion Traveler
    I've been using a Wacom Intuos3 tablet for awhile now and I really like it. I prefer the larger (9x12) tablet so I can trace my hand drawn maps and I like the larger stroke feel. The cost is around $350 to $450 US (depending on where you purchase from) for the 9x12. As was mentioned above, you get what you pay for so if you want a good experience with a tablet, spend the extra money on a better tablet. Do some research and see which tablet interests you most, ask around here for people who have used that particular tablet with CC2/3 and then make your decision. FYI, the Intuos3 line of tablets has many more stylus options to choose from if you want a different feel or function.
  • 10 months later
  • Thanks for all the feedback. Whew almost a year since I posted this :-) I just got me a Wacom Bamboo, cheaper and smaller than I would have liked, but has worked wonders so far.
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    I'm using a Tablet PC to do my maps. It's the only way to go. I can't even think about using a mouse for maping. Just an FYI, HP Tablet PC's are now made with Wacom tablet technology built in the screen. Very nice.