Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2012 edited

This is my latest town made in CD3 and edited in Photoshop. it is a small town named Oddwood in the northern parts of the Kingdom Armadien. No one would ever have bothered about oddwood if it wasn't for the old ruins in the mountains east of town. Visitors are mainly adventurers and treasure hunters. Some of them never return from the east others return with gold in their pockets and strange artifacts to trade in the south.

For those interested I'm writing a tutorial on my blog (http://mappingworlds.wordpress.com/) about how I made the map. I've covered the CD3 part so far but will continue with the part made in Photoshop in the coming weeks.
      Oddwood_done_small.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2012

Need i say anything about the map? :) It's gorgeous as always.

But special thanks for the tutorial, that's really excellent. I'll add it to the user tutorials on the website.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph

Excellent map as always, Clercon and what a great, useful blog - I'm adding you to my regular reading list!
    • CommentAuthorClercon

Ralf - Thanks, well you could have said that I missed to put a scale in the map :) Thanks for adding me to your links as well.
    jaerdaph - Thanks, and I hope I can keep up the usefulness of the blog :)
    • CommentAuthorPatrakis
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012

Very nice map indeed. The treament via Photoshop is interesting.

I would also add a scale and maybe some very light contour lines to give a sense of topography.

Nice work

Pat
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012

Thanks Patrakis for your comments. The scale I forgot to put in, you cant remember everything :)
    I defenitely try to experiment with the topography in a future map, this one I concider done.
    • CommentAuthorLeeB

I hate to nitpick 'cos I think the map's awesome, but I do find it hard to read the name of the river. Although that may have more to do with me wearing my old contact lenses than your map...
    • CommentAuthorKendall-DM

Great map! My only comment is, I keep thinking of Odd Thomas when I view it. :)
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012

Thanks for the comments. The river name is clearer in the original size, I downsized the map to fit to the profantasy forum rules.
    And Kendall-DM whos Odd Thomas?
    • CommentAuthorKendall-DM
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012

A character in a series of books by Dean Koontz.