Symbol Catalogs

Hello.
I have DD2 Pro and need to have doors that open into a room that are on the south wall by the east wall. Is there a FLIP command or do I have to make a new symbol? If so, where is some info for me to read on how to do so?
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• If you right click before you place any symbol it brings up the symbol parameters pop-up. There should be a check mark in the smart tracking box. If there isn't check it. Now click the More button and you go back to placing the symbol. when you move a door over a wall you should see it flip back and forth depending on which side of the wall you place the cursor on. I also usually turn snaps off before placing wall features like doors so I can place them exactly where I want them. Just remember to turn it back on later when you need it :)
  • edited July 2008
    Smart tracking was checked. I want to put a door in the lower right, where the doors are now, but I want the door to open into the room. I can make it myself, but was wondering if there was an easier way. Also how can I make a symbol for my category?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2008
    Right click to access symbol parameters, then set x to -1 and y to 1 (This will mirror the symbol), now place it. You may need to turn off smart tracking and disable smart symbols when doing this.
  • sorry I misread your intent. Good thing my advice is free or I'd be handing out refunds all day.
  • Thanks Monsen, that did just the trick. Also, if you leave Smart Tracking on when you do the x=-1 and y=1, it will work the same as a normal symbol just hinged on the other side.
    Thanks again to everyone.