CSUAC does this still exist?

I keep reading on tutorials to download the CSUAC and that it now works for CC3. I've looked all over the internet and the most recent thing I can find is from 2007 where the site that hosted it went offline. Is all this artwork lost or is there still a way to access it. I'd like some other options for symbols besides what CC3 provides and the symbol set samples did have what I was looking for.

Comments

• I wanted to add I know about the halegaming link but all of the CSUAC files there after downloading have corrupt headers.
  • You can get the images at http://www.vintyri.org/CSUAC/ but the catalogs are for FM/Dundjinni. You'd have to import images manually or create your own catalogs.
  • Thank you those zip files seemed to work. Quick question I'm making these into symbol sets when I'm in the symbol menu and I select a grouping of the images that are labeled a-l then go to options and check Symbol is one of a collection. I have been selecting Randomly select from collection and arrow keys select different symbols. Is there anything else I need to do when setting these up? I'm sure these will work fine but I'd like to get these sets created for as ease of use as I can. I haven't tested yet but hoping this will allow ground fill to use random images from the set.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You'll definitely want to check 'Force Sheet' and set up the sheet these symbols should go to (SYMBOLS* for most symbols, but there are exception depending on the symbols).
  • 4 months later
  • Hey all, is there a tutorial out there on how to turn all the CSUAC stuff into CC3 usable things? I am totally new so most of what I read here does not make much sense to me sadly.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You don't actually have to do anything. If you have the image files saved to your harddrive, all you need to to to use them is to click the open symbol catalog button on the top of the symbol catalog windows, browse to the directory containing the artwork you wish to use, and hit ok. That will load all the images from that directory into the symbol catalog window, allowing you to use them just as if they were symbols.

You can also create symbol catalogs to contain for them. This is done by first importing the symbols (Symbols menu --> Import PNG's), then using the symbol manager (Symbols menu --> Symbol Manager) to save them to a symbol catalog file. More details about symbol catalogs and their creation can be found in the symbols chapter in the manual.