CC3 Demo

Hi Folks.

I'm new here, just discovered the CC3 mapping software and from what I've seen it looks great. But I'd like to try a demo of it before investing in the full version however there is currently no demo avaiable. Was just wondering when abouts can I expect the demo version to be available?

Thanks.

Comments

• Since I don't work for PF I can't answer your question, but I will say the software is well worth the purchase price. I started out using CC2 back in 2000 and have been thoroughly happy with my experience. I just upgraded to CC3 last month and I actually bought the World Builder package because it fit both my budget and current needs (though I would have gladly bought the Whole Shebang). One of the things I really like about PF is its very direct dealing with its customer base. This forum is just one example. Their tech support is very responsive, and they really seem to look at what the users want in new add-ons like symbol packages and source maps. I love the fact that they put user contributions right on their main web site with easy access. So take it from an end user, if you get impatient waiting for the demo you won't waste your money on CC3.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2008
    I don't know when Profantasy will release this, I haven't heard anything regarding this in a while. Maybe Simon can comment on this.

In the mean time, you can see some of the features by downloading the free viewer, which is available, and grabbing some of the example maps in the gallery and maps posted here in this forum. Some maps might not display properly though, if they have used artwork not available for the viewer, and of course, you cannot make or edit maps in any way.

I agree with gregwr that spending money on CC3 is not a waste of money (I've run out of products to buy myself), but of course, I realize that not everyone will love what I love, but I believe you would be happy with it. In case you aren't happy, they do have a statifaction guarantee though, so buying it is a safe choice.
  • I have turned out over 1,700 maps since 1999 using software written by Profantasy.

I would have turned out more, but the way I have done my game world is the surface maps fit in a horizontal matrix. And making sure the connecting html takes me longer to do than making the maps.
  • edited July 2008
    You don't have to wait for a demo, because they have a money back guarantee if you are not happy with the product. I think it is 12 or 14 days. Anyway have a look around the site to check the exact number of days.
  • WOW!! Talk about customer satisfaction! Thanks for all the feedback, it's clear you are all bowled over by CC3. I've been taking a look around the site at the maps on show and I like what I see so I think I'll take a chance and invest without seeing the demo. Thanks, all, the feedback is appreciated.