Map for the Sinister Secrets of Silvermote

I'm working on a map for publication in an adventure called "The Sinister Secrets of Silvermote." Anyway it's this guy's lair (Temerlyth the Undying, a villianous lich wrote for TPK Games). I'd appreciate some feedback on the map before we go to print with it. :)
From Profantasy
-Rich

Comments

• Beautiful map!

There are a couple things I'd address though before going to print:

1. There are a number of places where wall sections don't completely close, leaving gaps between them. Room #24 is one example. The west exit of the room looks like it has a floor tile partially attached above the wall. It took a while to realize that it was actually the wall sections not coming together completely.

2. There is a white line between rooms #12 and #21. It's oriented with the grid but runs through the background.

3. In room #8 there are six skeletons on the floor. They are all using the same graphic in the same orientation. I think it would improve the map if they each used a different graphic. Alternately, changing the orientation and/or flipping them would look good as well. Edit: I just noticed in the legend that these represent burial mounds. In that case, the same graphic seems appropriate so now I don't know which way would seem best.

4. The "S" marking the secret doors is sometimes difficult to make out as it is partially obscured by the door. I think it would look better if the "S" were placed above the door instead of below.

5. The dungeon is very clean. Some debris accumulating along the edges of the corridors might add some atmosphere.

Hope that helps.

Overall, I love the map. Great choices for color and graphic symbols. I particularly like the stairs and the shading on each step to indicate direction.
  • Thanks for the feedback!

1. That's CC3 and line widths, Not sure how to resolve... :(

2. Yeah that seems to be happening only in the output, so it's hard to resolve, but I'll figure it out. :)

3. Yeah those are bodies buried beneath the floor. :)

4. Yep,good catch! I had the layers reversed.

5. Trying to keep it clean. You should see the original map. LOL

Thanks for your help! Wish there were more like you!
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That's a wonderful dungeon map.
    1. That's CC3 and line widths, Not sure how to resolve... :(
    That's not an issue of the line widths, it's because the walls are separate entities (paths or lines) and are not fully connected in a lot of places.

I'd hide eveything but the WALLS sheet, and then use the "Combine" command to properly combine all the segments into one big path. This will make sure that all the intersections are properly cleaned up and connected.
  • How'd you get the grid on just the floor and not the rest of the background?
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    I like them. I think the green is a bit scary, and could be toned down.
    To fix the corners, follow Ralf's suggestion or use a quick and dirty option - hide all but the walls then type CORNER, and select each pair of walls with improper corners.
  • @Ralf: Quite right! I'd forgotten about that. Thank you!

@nlp138: I used the trim to entity command to manually trim the grid to the walls.

@Simon: A lich lives here so scary is right on target. Here's what I turned over:
    From Profantasy
  • Cool - thanks! I had thought of that but I wasn't sure if there was an easier way :)
  • 20 days later
  • I just wanted to thank you all for your help! We've gone to press. :)