Printing an area of my map

I have some elements to my DD3 map that go beyond the edge of the map. How can I hide them and print only the main part of the map?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If these are vector entities, I would recommend that you explode and trim them.

If they are raster symbols, or you feel trimming is too much work, you can hide entities simply by drawing some large white polygons on or right below the map border sheet, or create a thicker border for the map that hides these symbols.

You can also zoom in when printing, and only print the active view instead of everything. This is difficult to accomplish correctly if you wish to print the whole map, except for entities right outside the border though, but good when you only want to print parts of your map.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Method 1
    Switch to a very high sheet, say MAP BORDER. Set the colour to white, and the fillstyle to solid. Turn the grid on and either add four overlapping white boxes (easiest to do but least slick), or choose Polygon. Start with all the four corners of the map, then go out diagonally at one corner and draw a larger square, then right click to finish.

Method 2
    Works for printing any part of a map where you want things hidden. Add Whole Drawing effect called Screen Border. Change the inner and outer opacity to 100 and the colours to 15. Give it a width of say 5% and zoom.
  • Thanks guys! I'll give your suggestions a try.