Outlining or Filling

So I have a plain square box. It is lined in Black with a width of 1. This stops it from filling. Which is fine, is there a way to fill that same box with a different color and retain the Width of 1 Black box around it other than Placing a different color box and Sending this box to Back.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    No. If you need a border of a certain thickness/fill, you need to create two entities on top of each other. Usually this is most easily accomplished by making a copy of the entity, then change line with and fill style.

If you make a lot of entities like this, you should make a draw tool for it. A draw tool lets you draw both the main entity and the outline entity at the same time. This is how most of the existing draw tools work.

Also note that if you only need a thin black outline, you can draw a filled entity, and then use the "Outline in Black" command to give any entity a thin black outline.
  • Monsen,
    Thanks for the info. I am also trying to use Mpoly to create polybackgrounds for odd shapes...when I select to them to do a Send to Back...they dont seem to move...any ideas?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Send to back only sends them to the back of the current sheet. If they are located on another sheet than the objects you want to put them behind, you must either rearrange the sheet order, OR move the entity to another sheet.