Printing Problems

Alright. So printing should be pretty strat forward...but yet I am having problems printing my test maps. Here is what I do (another list ;) )

1) File > Print
2) Printer Name > Adobe PDF
3) Preview (Its there)
4) View to Print > Active Window
5) Fit to Page
6) Options > Nothing Selected other than Landscape
7) Click <OK>
8> PDF Comes up BLANK

What am I doing that is not right?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2008
    Under "View to Print", make sure the "sheet" setting is set to "All visible sheets as one page (Standard CC3 drawing)". If it isn't, you're most probably only printing the "Common" sheet, a sheet which is normally blank for native CC3 maps.
  • edited June 2008
    Duh... I missed that one... Stoopid Monkey ;)

But I cannot for the live of me figure out why its printing not printing as dark as it should....
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Are you referring to the grid lines, or the general colour of the drawing here? If you are referring to the grid lines, make sure that:
    1) They are the same colour as the background
    2) That there are no activated effects on the grid sheet that might change their effective colour.

If you are referring to the colour of the entire drawing, it might be a colour calibration issue between your monitor and printer. Try taking a screenshot with PrintScreen, load it into an image editor, and print it from there (Try to zoom/crop so your printout is approximately the same as from CC3). If the colour is the same here as when printing directly from CC3, it is definately a calibration issue. If not, there might be something with printing from CC3. In that case, you may wish to redefine the colour used to make it appear darker, or use a global effect to modify the drawing.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited June 2008
    Posted By: LdavisDuh... I missed that one... Stoopid Monkey ;)

But I cannot for the live of me figure out why its printing not printing as dark as it should....
    When entities have zero width (like the lines on your grid) CC3 will print them as thin as possible, whatever the resolution of your output device. On the screen, they look fine. On high res output, they can look a little thin. The solution is to do Edit >> Change Properties on the grid, and make it, say, 1" wide. You might also want to change the fill style of the grid to Solid.