ProFantasy.com is not recognized by US Banks

profantasy.com cannot take payments from American credit or debit cards. I checked with two of my companies and this is what they told me. Not only does the online purchase system bounce any U.S. Financial Institution's card number, the transaction triggers a possible fraud warning and a phone call. I think it is because the system does not ask for the security number from a card. Either that or it's just the sheer weight of complaints to regulatory authorities, but I doubt that.

Any idea when this is going to fixed? I have a hard time believing that the U.S. market for these products is less than 80%.

Thanks for any update you can provide profantasy. You guys make the best mapping tools in the world (putting aside the incredible installation problems). This online shop issue is baffling to me and I am quite tired of going through drivethurpg.com and other companies. I would much rather deal directly with you guys...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You'll probably get an answer from ProFantasy quicker on this issue if you contact them directly. Try the Order desk link there.
  • Thats strange. I'm in Ohio and my debit card worked perfectly well with no hassles.
  • I'm in Pennsylvania and had no problem with my debit card either.
  • I have perchased CC3 alittle over a year ago and my plastic worked fine then. I live in Oregon.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Who ever told you this misinformed you. We have multiple US orders every day, including today. In addition to credit and debit cards with the VIsa and Mastercard symbol, we also accept US$ checks and paypal.
  • Actually, b/c Profantasy is a European Company many times banks and Credit Cards will flag any purchase from them as a potential fraud and not let the charge go through. I personally experienced this just this week three times. What you need to do is contact your Credit Card or Bank and explain the situation and tell them to allow charges for Profantasy to come through normally without them flagging it for fraud.
  • I'm glad to hear the positive counter-arguments. My companies were Citibank and Citizens Bank, owned by Royal Bank of Scotland (ironically). Both froze my account and called me. But these accounts are not normal cards, they are raised status accounts, maybe thats why they went haywire. And sorry about this, but they didn't misinform me about anything. Thanks Ldavis, that makes sense.

Who knows....whatever, don't get the wrong impression from me. I love this company, hence the hundreds of dollars spent. I'll just use paypal.

Thanks guys.
  • 7 days later
  • I have paid for pretty much every Profantasy product from the US with no problem at all. At various times through Bank of America, Wells Fargo, my credit union, etc.

Your bank did, in fact, misinform you. They should have said "it is *our* internal policy not to accept it." It has nothing to do with Profantasy.