Game Map for iOS Game

I'm currently working on another iOS game and using CC as the map making tool of choice! In my blog, I'm showing the progress as the map is being built. I'm going for an inked and ancient look to the maps and hoping I nail it. The map will be a small portion of the game itself - but maps add so much wonderful story that they can't be discounted in any game really.
Besides, when I look at a map, stories begin to unfold and oftentimes a campaign will reveal itself from the very beginning.

If you're interested in following the map as it gets created, check out my blog and leave some criticism where needed! Of course, "not finished" isn't good criticism! hahahaha.

I made all of the maps for my previous game, Expedition:Beyond the Walls, but really believe I've gotten better since last year!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited June 2011
    Excellent, I like how this is coming along. I've been actually playing around with my first smart phone for the last couple of weeks, and I can see this map working well, even on a small screen.

But you forgot to post a link to your blog. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, haha, thanks. I had done a well-worded post that took a while to write, but I forgot to do something (not sure what) and it rejected it when I submitted and I lost it all. So, I rewrote it. Anyway, my blog is at Racingspider Games website

Its definitely a whole lot of fun. The parchment background was from flickr user Temari 09, all he requests is that you link back if you use any of his images.

I am using Paint.Net to do the colors as well as the roughness (which is hard to see on the scaled down version). Paint.Net is awesome, especially for FREE - though there are some things you can't really do. But, for maps, it's my #2 go to tool (#1 being Campaign Cartographer of course!)