change properties of all symbols within a catalogue

haven't found an answer to my question using the search-function so I pester you... ...again ;o)

I want to create a cliff similar to the one made by Shessar (CSUAC Map). As the cliff will be rather big I'll have to place quite a lot of rocks. By default they are put on the symbol-sheet but I would like to put them on an other sheet. I'm shure that I do not always have to change the sheet to the favored one if I select a new rock but that I somehow can change the properties of the whole catalogue.
I think if I use symbols-menu -> symbol settigs -> advanced I could change the properties but I don't know what I have to do that the CSUAC-catalogues show up in the list...

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Hi tasmirodred,

Here's what you need to do.

Open the symbol catalog that contains the symbol(s) you want to use in CC3. As a symbol catalog, it should have an FCT extension, not an FCW one.

On the File menu, go to Symbols -> Symbol Manager to get the Symbol Manager dialog box. Highlight the symbol(s) you want to go on another sheet. Now click the Options button on the right side of the Symbol Manager dialog box to open the Symbol Settings dialog box. At the bottom you should see "Force Sheet:" with either SYMBOLS or SYMBOLS* typed inside the box. You can delete and type over SYMBOLS or SYMBOLS* with either the name of the sheet you want the symbols to appear on, or leave it blank and then the symbols will go on whatever sheet is currently active in CC3. Click OK, click OK again, and then do a File -> Save to save the changes you just made to the symbol catalog. Now open up your map and load the symbol catalog like you normally would and your symbols won't be forced to the SYMBOLS sheet anymore.

Hope this helps.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Tasmirodred,

if the CSUAC symbols are set up to go unto a SYMBOLS* sheet (note the wild card), the easiest thing is to name your new sheet SYMBOLS CLIFF (or anything else starting with SYMBOLS), and then to select that sheet before placing your symbols. The wild card makes sure that the symbols get placed on the active sheet, as long as its name starts with SYMBOLS.

I'm not sure though whether the CSUAC symbols are done this way. If they are only set up with SYMBOLS, jaerdaph's method should work for you.

Hope that helps.
  • edited June 2008
    thanks I'll try it this evening when I'm back home