Kicking it Old school

Hello everyone.
I am new to the forums but not the software (as you will soon see)
I just got a new laptop that has Vista on it. I went to install my software, CC2 Pro and DD2, and I am having problems with the software running like it should. Even in compatibility mode. When I click on the DD2 button, it says that DD2 is not installed, but if I right click I get some options. However, I do not have access to the the DD2 icons just the map maker. Do I need to just use CC2 with DD2 or am I looking at some upgrades?
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Don't install in c:\program files\ if you do, right click and run as administrator. Its a Vista thing.

Otherwise install to c:\profantasy\

If it stil doesn't work: To just get menu items, they should show after install, but if they don't, then run CC3MenuConfig.exe in your Profantasy/cc3 folder.
  • the big thing, cc2 i do not think is supported under vista. CC3 is i know that one of PF's staff would have to conferm thou
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, CC2 is not officially supported under Vista, sorry. But making sure that you run all setup files with the "Run As Administrator" option and not installing in the /program files/ path should make it generally work. No guarantees though.