Forgotten Realms - Fenlon Style

I just started a new 4th edition game set in the Forgotten Realms. Since I don't like the new mapping style they are using I broke out the Fenlon style from the annual and drew my own map of the Grey Vale.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Very nice! A couple of comments:

- the yellow mountains might be a little too yellow. Any reason you have them standing out that much?
    - the symbol scale for the High Forest is smaller than for example the Far Forest and the wooded areas in the SW of the map. I'd try to make the scale uniform across the map.the larger scale looks better too.

Keep up the good work!
  • For the yellow mountains I was channeling the Wroot style. I just thought they looked nice, note the purple mountains peaking out along the top.

I'm painfully aware of the scale change. It happened when I changed the effect settings from Fenlon to Fenlon small scale. I didn't realize that would change the default scale of the symbols. Eventually I will go back and redo the central forests.

I plan on sprucing up the map some more with some fiddly details to increase the interest level.

I'm also planning on changing the font for the settlements to something a bit more readable at small size.
  • Looks good, lots of work went into this thanks for sharing. Are you going to the rest of the forgotten realms by chance (grin)
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    Excellent! I think this style has become my favorite and this is an excellent example of it use. Nice job.
  • Posted By: mfrizzellLooks good, lots of work went into this thanks for sharing. Are you going to the rest of the forgotten realms by chance (grin)
    Maybe eventually... I plan on doing some more detailed maps of the Grey Vale itself.