CD Pro and Vista 64 installation issue

I'm getting the following when attempting to install CD Pro on Vista 64. I'm running the installer as admin and have turned off UAC.

Comments

• I found that I didn't have .net 1.1 installed. So I've installed it and rebooted. Still get the same error message.
  • Doh, disregard. I was under the assumption that .net 1.1 was sp1. I've installed sp1 and it's working now.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Easy mistake to make. These .net versions can be confusing.

Good you got it resolved.
  • 3 months later
  • I am having a similar issue with DD3 and Vista x64 Ultimate. I have submitted a help ticket, so I was hoping someone here could give me another angle.

The installer stops and says I need .NET installed. The link takes me to .NET 2.0. I found the FAQ about .NET 1.1. I have attempted to install every version and SP with same error in Vista; "already installed as part of the operating system".

So - DD3 can't see .NET and requires it. Vista x64 already has all the .NET versions as part of the OS.

I have successfully installed CC3 and all other add-ins (SS3 comp update, SS2, SS1, SM Cities, Cosmographer Pro comp update, patch 1, patch 3). I was hoping to get DD3, CA 2007, and CD3 on there before applying patch 5 and patch 6.

Any suggestions?
  • trechrirontrechriron Newcomer
    edited October 2008
    Update: I was able to install .Net 1.1 + SP1 + ASP.Net update by accepting the "compatibility issues" warning in Vista (Ultimate x64).

DD3 will install. So I uninstalled everything and started over. Here is the order I installed:

Install CC3
    Install SS3
    Install SS3 comp update
    Install Cosmographer Pro comp update
    Install DD3
    Install SS1
    Install SS2
    Install SM Cities
    Install Annual 2007
    Install Patch 1
    Install Patch 3
    Install Patch 5
    Install CD3 (with Install Patch 6 comes with it)
    Download the CD3 maps - install.

Couldn't get the CD3MenuFix to run. Not sure if I need it yet, but time will tell.

Before you install patch 1 two errors launch every time you launch CC3 (which is required after every update). Just OK twice and forge on.

This is the best install I have had so far. Ye GODS I hope we can get this install method updated and less clunky!! :-D

Suggestions; universal patch updater that detects what needs to be replaced, update method via the actual program, or even better a way to install plugins via the program without separate EXEs.

Anyhoo, I am up and running, and that's the most important thing. :-D
    You don't need to install all the patches. Only the latest one (Currently 6) is needed, and that one is installed automatically along with CD3. The latest patch always contains all the updates you need, and updates all your installed products.

Also, you shouldn't install both SS3 and the compability update. Only the compability update by itself is required. Installing SS3 is only requred if you also wishes to have a CC2 installation on your computer. Installing SS3 into the CC3 directory will mess things up. The same goes for all old CC2 addons with compatibility updates.

As for the CD3 Menu Fix, it seems to only be needed when you update a CC3 installation with the CD Pro compatibility update installed.
  • Posted By: MonsenYou don't need to install all the patches. Only the latest one (Currently 6) is needed, and that one is installed automatically along with CD3. The latest patch always contains all the updates you need, and updates all your installed products.

Also, you shouldn't install both SS3 and the compability update. Only the compability update by itself is required. Installing SS3 is only requred if you also wishes to have a CC2 installation on your computer. Installing SS3 into the CC3 directory will mess things up. The same goes for all old CC2 addons with compatibility updates.

As for the CD3 Menu Fix, it seems to only be needed when you update a CC3 installation with the CD Pro compatibility update installed.
    Awesome! Thanks, I am having some crashing issues so I will uninstall SS3 (leave the comp update installed), re-install patch 6 and go from there. Should I re-install the SS3 comp update just to make sure?
    Yes. If you have installed SS3 to the CC3 folder, you will definately need to reinstall the SS3 comp update after removing it.
    The problem is, that if the SS3 installation did mess up something (Since it was never intended to be installed into the CC3 directory in the first place), in the worst case, you may need to reinstall CC3 itself. Hopefully, you won't need that. Make sure that the re-install of patch 6 is the last thing you do though, after reinstalling the SS3 compability update.