Forest battlemat

This not particularly special, just a simple battlemat for an encounter in a forest. It is using one of the DD3 textures for the ground and all the tree symbols come from the SMAC

Comments

• Hello!

It is a good start, but IMHO, you should add some features on the background. For my part, I'm not happy with tiled/uniform background. I would add some smooth poly on the floor using partially transparent ground textures (darkgreen, mud, etc...) to get a less uniform bg. But note it is my point of view, and it is fair if you like it this way!

Is it supposed to be a map for forest encounter or for players to be attacked during a travel through the forest? This last would implies to place a muddy/paved road...

At last, depending on the square size, it is difficult to analyse the distances. Trees are not reliable for considering size and distances as small trees look exactly the same as big ones. (^_^) Thus, I would place stuff that players can quickly identify and know about the actual size (a river with a bridge, some wheel marks in the mud... a ruined house...) Or a scale (^_^) !

Any way, it is a good map.

Cheers,
  • JoeyD473JoeyD473 Betatester 🖼️ 2 images Traveler
    It is an encounter in the middle of the woods. The PCs will have to go trailblazing off the road to find what they are looking for, thus no road. I have another map for an encounter they have on the road.