Change Distance Scale

I am working on a world for my D&D game and I am starting to think that the world is simply way too big. I have put a lot of work into this so far and I do not want to have to start over or redo any of my work, so I was wondering if there was some way to change the Distance scale? Instead of reducing everything by 50% is it possible to have just have the Distance reduce the distance? So if the distance between point A and B is 100 units it will display it as 50. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Edited for clarification: I am talking specifically about when using the Distance tool.

Take care and have a great day....

ciao,
john.

Comments

• Well, CC3 doesn't have a size. It is expressed in Units, not feet, miles, light years, etc.

You could change your scale bar to show a smaller distance for the same size map.
  • Mock26Mock26 Newcomer
    Thanks for the advice Jim, but I do not think I was clear enough in my original post. I am talking about when I use the Distance tool. If I change the scale bar the distance tool will not reflect this.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You will have to rescale everything by 50%. But I don't see why you wish to avoid that. That is a quick and painless process, and doesn't change your map at all.

File Menu -> Drawing Properties -> Drawing units -> Double the number under 'Inches per unit', make sure 'Rescale' is checked -> ok.
  • Mock26Mock26 Newcomer
    edited January 2011
    Posted By: MonsenYou will have to rescale everything by 50%. But I don't see why you wish to avoid that. That is a quick and painless process, and doesn't change your map at all.

File Menu -> Drawing Properties -> Drawing units -> Double the number under 'Inches per unit', make sure 'Rescale' is checked -> ok.
    Oh! I did not know that that was an option. Thanks!

One question, though. Does this apply to all files from that point on or does it apply to just the current file?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2011
    This only affects the current drawing. Normally, you would start your drawing in the proper scale, this is just a fix if you didn't.

Note that showing all sheets and layers, and then scale all entities by 0.5 accomplishes basically the same thing. It is also a quick and painless process.
  • 6 years later
  • edited July 2017
    EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. I must have done something wrong at some point which messed things up. I loaded an old copy of the map and was able to rescale the map properly.
    Posted By: MonsenYou will have to rescale everything by 50%. But I don't see why you wish to avoid that. That is a quick and painless process, and doesn't change your map at all.

Hi, I'm new to CC3+, and this is not working for me. If I follow these steps, I still get the exact same distances from the DIST command as before. Is the DIST command the wrong thing to use? If so, what's the right thing to use and how do I use it? (I don't see a distance tool anywhere in the UI.)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2017
    Hi Alweth. Welcome to CC3 and the ProFantasy forum.

Yes, DIST (or DISTANCE) is the command to use when determining the map distance between two points. You can also get to it, and other helpful measuring commands, from the Info menu.

Can you please list the exact steps you took, that didn't work? Maybe we can help determine why it didn't work as expected.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag