Annual Mapping Guide CA46: Toolbars

I am trying the features of CA46 (Castle Walls) at the moment. Somehow I am not able to figure out how to get the toolbar working. The commans work fine but there is no special toolbar showing up as displayed.
It works fine to type in the commands. However, since I have DD3 installed the toolbar should show up. Does anybody have an idea how to activate the toolbar?

I also checked the file dungeon.mnu and the commands are definitely missing and not listed there. According to the readme file they are supposed to be there.

edit:
Alright, I got it: the problem was that the dungeon.mnu that was in the installable was different to the installed one. So I edited the dungeon.mnu with notepad++ (using the compare plugin) and inserted the commands of dungeon.mnu that was sent together with CA46. Now they do show up.

Comments

• 8 days later
  • I can't find the second version of dungeon.mnu - I got the whole of the annual as one .exe file, and if it was included I don't know where it put it. How can I get hold of the the .mnu file in question? (Or just the necessary lines to add to the existing one?)
  • Hmmm. CC2 kept backup copies of the mnu files, I don't see them in my CC3 folder. Are they somewhere else ?
  • JensJens Newcomer
    The file dungeon.mnu is in the main folder of CC3, e.g. in \Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3
    In order to extract the mnu file from the annual you will have to open the exe file with win zip or win rar and then follow your way down the folder structure. The location is:
    CA2010_Setup.exe\data\Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0\A9F82C81\A96A8CC
    If I am not the only one with this problem then I guess it is a bug of the installable and should actually get fixed.

These are the missing lines of dungeon.mnu:
    #20,#Bitmaps\Icons\OFFSET1.bmp:[Offset1]{}|OFFSET1;
    #21,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLP.bmp:[Double line, closing]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\DBLP.mnc;}|DBLP;
    #22,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLC.bmp:[Double circle]{}|DBLC;
    #23,#Bitmaps\Icons\DOR.bmp:[Inserts a door]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Dor.mnc;}|DOR1;
    #24,#Bitmaps\Icons\ASL.bmp:[Inserts an arrow slit]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Asl.mnc;}|ASL1;
    #25,#Bitmaps\Icons\STER.bmp:[Stairs]{}|STER;
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I'll look into this and put it on our to fix list.
  • Thanks Jens, but that's only half the buttons! There should be another column of 6 to the left of those too.
  • Incidentally, I want to say - best Annual issue ever! These new tools significantly (and usefully) expand what one can do with CC3 - I'd very much like to see more of this sort of thing.
  • 19 days later
  • JensJens Newcomer
    Posted By: ianspackmanThanks Jens, but that's only half the buttons! There should be another column of 6 to the left of those too.
    Oops - you are right, I forgot to post the other 6:
    #120,#Bitmaps\Icons\CSCA.bmp:[Center line scaling]{}|CSCA;
    #121,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLL.bmp:[Double line]{}|DBLL;
    #122,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLA.bmp:[Double arc]{}|DBLA;
    #123,#Bitmaps\Icons\BAL.bmp:[Inserts an alcove]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Alc.mnc;}|BAL1;
    #124,#Bitmaps\Icons\WIN.bmp:[Inserts a window]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Win.mnc;}|WIN1;
    #125,#Bitmaps\Icons\CREN.bmp:[Crenelations]{}|CREN;

But actually you should be able to find those yourself after you managed to follow me that far ;)
  • 3 years later
  • Just want to say that I ran into the same problem with the installer.. So I can confirm that it has not yet been fixed..

The workaround worked fine though: I just added all these lines to Dungeon.MNU:

#20,#Bitmaps\Icons\OFFSET1.bmp:[Offset1]{}|OFFSET1;
    #21,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLP.bmp:[Double line, closing]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\DBLP.mnc;}|DBLP;
    #22,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLC.bmp:[Double circle]{}|DBLC;
    #23,#Bitmaps\Icons\DOR.bmp:[Inserts a door]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Dor.mnc;}|DOR1;
    #24,#Bitmaps\Icons\ASL.bmp:[Inserts an arrow slit]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Asl.mnc;}|ASL1;
    #25,#Bitmaps\Icons\STER.bmp:[Stairs]{}|STER;

#120,#Bitmaps\Icons\CSCA.bmp:[Center line scaling]{}|CSCA;
    #121,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLL.bmp:[Double line]{}|DBLL;
    #122,#Bitmaps\Icons\DBLA.bmp:[Double arc]{}|DBLA;
    #123,#Bitmaps\Icons\BAL.bmp:[Inserts an alcove]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Alc.mnc;}|BAL1;
    #124,#Bitmaps\Icons\WIN.bmp:[Inserts a window]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Win.mnc;}|WIN1;
    #125,#Bitmaps\Icons\CREN.bmp:[Crenelations]{}|CREN;

(copied from the posts above but it anyone runs into the same problem it's nice to have them all in one post) :)
  • Hum. It would be nice to have it officialy fixed. I am also a bit worried about the compability of the new CC+ and older Annuals.
  • In that case I am feeling a little bit better about not buying that Annual pack! Just got the Castle Walls one.. :)

Seems like good stuff but getting them all would set me back around 250 euro's..
  • I'm sure Profantasy will make CC3+ compatible to all the Annuals and other add-ons. Great company !
  • 2 years later
  • I have added the .dll file to my CC3+ directory and all the commands seem to be working. I'd like to add the menu items and copied the entries from above into my dungeon.mnu, changed the # to @ where appropriate, moved the bitmaps into the icon folder from cc3 to cc3+.

The buttons show up and function, but the icons don't. I tried copying the full path to the icon folder instead of using @bitmap, and then the buttons don't even show up.

Has anyone else been through this and updated the bitmaps successfully?

This is what I've changed
    #20,@Bitmaps\Icons\OFFSET1.bmp:[Offset1]{}|OFFSET1;
    #21,@Bitmaps\Icons\DBLP.bmp:[Double line, closing]{~|CMENU @SYSTEM\DBLP.mnc;}|DBLP;
    #22,@Bitmaps\Icons\DBLC.bmp:[Double circle]{}|DBLC;
    #23,@Bitmaps\Icons\DOR.bmp:[Inserts a door]{~|CMENU @SYSTEM\Dor.mnc;}|DOR1;
    #24,@Bitmaps\Icons\ASL.bmp:[Inserts an arrow slit]{~|CMENU @SYSTEM\Asl.mnc;}|ASL1;
    #25,@Bitmaps\Icons\STER.bmp:[Stairs]{}|STER;

#120,@Bitmaps\Icons\CSCA.bmp:[Center line scaling]{}|CSCA;
    #121,@Bitmaps\Icons\DBLL.bmp:[Double line]{}|DBLL;
    #122,@Bitmaps\Icons\DBLA.bmp:[Double arc]{}|DBLA;
    #123,@Bitmaps\Icons\BAL.bmp:[Inserts an alcove]{~|CMENU @SYSTEM\Alc.mnc;}|BAL1;
    #124,@Bitmaps\Icons\WIN.bmp:[Inserts a window]{~|CMENU @SYSTEM\Win.mnc;}|WIN1;
    #125,@Bitmaps\Icons\CREN.bmp:[Crenelations]{}|CREN;
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This happens because CC3+'s handling of the external images for the toolbar is a bit more complicated, due to dpi-scaling and large/small toolbar buttons.

CC3+ requires multiple versions of each bitmap to be in the folder. For example, if you reference 'BitmapA.bmp' in the menu file, CC3+ expects to find 'BitmapA.bmp', 'BitmapA24.bmp', 'BitmapA32.bmp' and 'BitmapA48.bmp' there. (The numbers references the size of the icons)
  • kathoruskathorus Traveler
    edited February 2017
    Nice, copied and renamed one of them with those numeric values and now it shows, a bit small as I guess it's not the correct size, but it's a nice quick fix.

Thanks Monsen.

Update: Being as I am, I went into MS Paint and resized each by pixel and they fit fine as expected.

Update 2: With the intent of being community spirited, I've attached the zips of all the bitmaps resized, hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes.