CC3 - Odd REsolution Problem (new user)

hi everyone.
i recently purchased standard cc3 and i must say i found easy to start creating my owm maps.
but when i try to create a dungeon map,i encounter a few strange problems :

- first of all, the dungeon templates (100 x 80,500 x 400 ecc) does not exist in the specified folder. i tried to re-install the whole thing, but they are missing everytime. only overland templates are installed.

- i proceed then to create a map decididing the setting myself : the problem here is, that the resolution of background, walls and floors is just hugly. it can be seen nothing but a mass of pixels. even when i try to change the fill of a wall or room, the entities properties box show an amorphous list of coloured pixels.

the problem seem to be related only to textures : if i place some symbol like beds or rocks ,i can see them in full resolution.

- last,and mostly odd, i tried to load an example map, Tomb of Synsitzu. This map shows correctly,all the textures in full resolution. i tried to change the fill style of the first floor, from chequered to cobble, and with big surprise the thing worked correctly. in the entities proprerty box, the list of availabel fills style it also show in the right resolution.

so,what am i doing wrong ? O_o

thanks for the help.

Comments

• If you are changing to a BMP fill style you have options as to how it shows up. I often notice the scaled width box is checked when I didn't intend it to be. If you uncheck it and make sure tile to fill is on I bet you see a dramatic diffrence.
  • ok,first problem solved!
    thanks for the help. but what about the missing dungeon templates files ? moreover, when i load a new file picking the setting myself, the program occasionally crash..

the 2 things are minor bugs or should i contact profantasy in some way?

i've run the latest patch ,but the problem persist -.-
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited June 2008
    Do you have dungeon designer installed ?

If you do, they should be under Templates -> Dungeons