Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorkmunoz
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008

I have a font called Lombardo that I've been using to gussy up my maps (otherwise they look like the cartographic equivalent of stick figures). When I'm booted directly into XP (via Boot Camp on my Mac), the font (and all others) shows up fine.

If I'm running XP in Parallels on the Mac side instead, Lombardo and many other fonts are substituted for a font I like to call Thin Ugly (I don't know what it really is, or if it's a substitution at all) when I'm in CC3.

Has any other Mac CC3 user encountered this? I write up all my map-related documents in InDesign on the Mac and I don't like having to boot back and forth to work on the maps, if I can help it.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008

I recall we had this problem at work awhile back. Parallels uses fonts installed on the Mac OS side, even though you are working in Windows. There semi-official not-very-helpful work-around answer was to use fonts that are common to both platforms like Arial.

Have you tried finding a Mac version of Lombardo?
    • CommentAuthorkmunoz
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2008

I believe it's a TT font so I shouldn't have any difficulty using it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2008

Hmmm. Is it installed on the Mac OS side (not just the BootCamp Windows side)?