Where Can I find the syntax for CC2 or CC3 commands?

There is a list of commands in help. However this is just a brief description of what they do and does not give the syntax for how they are used. Is there a published manual of command syntax available?

Thanks

John Barnes

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The Tome contains a list of the commands, along with the syntax (page 152). You'll also find it in the Cartography Suite (page 116), available for download from your registration page. These are CC2 resources however, so any new commands in CC3 are not there.

You usually don't need to know the syntax of most commands though, the command line will always tell you what you need to input next when you enter a command.
  • That syntax in the macro section is useful and I didn't see it the first time around. However, what about the huge list of commands in the command section? I'm trying to learn how to master the programming language which is why I'm interested in this. If I can see the syntax for commands to be used in scripts or macros I could more easily write programs.

What is "The Tome?"

Thanks,

John Barnes
    edited June 2008
    The regular command list contains a lot of menu-based and graphical commands, commands that don't really have a "syntax" per see. Almost all commands that have a real syntax appear in the macro list. The macro list contains all the commands that are "macro-compatible", which can be used in scripts/macros.

As for the Tome, I am referring to the Tome of Ultimate Mapping
  • Ok, I bought the Tome and installed it.

I also found the command syntax I was looking for. I is in an excel spreadsheet that installed in C:\CC2\Documents\Tome in a file called commands.xls.

This is what I was after.

Thanks,

John
    Ah. I always forget the tome support files.
    I don't think there is really anything in there that isn't also in the book itself, but it is presented a bit differently. It contains all the commands from all the addons combined in one location though, so you don't have to flip back and forth through the book, so it is a highly useful list.
  • It contains 155 macro commands with syntax. But also on a different tab it has syntax for 818 standard commands. That is what I haven't found anywhere else.

John