Resize Background

I've got a template that I'm happy with. Is there an easy way to resize the background from 200' x 160' to say 500' x 400'?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes.

First, make sure the background layer and any related layers (like the border) is not frozen. If you have entities you do not want to resize, you may wish to hide these layers.
    Then right click the Scale button image, and select Non-visual Scale
    Select everything that should be resized
    Right click -> Do it

It now asks for the X scale factor. You can either give it the value directly (2.5 in your example), or you can let CC3 handle the map by typing in 500/200 (new size divided by old size)
    Hit enter after typing in the value, and hit enter again to accept the default scale center (0.0)

That's it.

If you wish to use a non-proportional scale, you can use Non-visual ScaleXY which lets you enter the X and Y values independent of each other.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted By: Monsen

It now asks for the X scale factor. You can either give it the value directly (2.5 in your example), or you can let CC3 handle the map by typing in 500/200 (new size divided by old size)
    Hit enter after typing in the value, and hit enter again to accept the default scale center (0.0)

I must be doing something wrong then. When I Right-click -> Do it nothing happens. I don't get a dialog box asking for the X scale factor. I've tried narrowing my selection down to 1 thing to be resized and it still won't work. If I left click on scale and choose the items to resize I can get that to "work" but it's difficult to get just the way I want it. It seems your method would be best but I'm missing something.

Thanks
    Not a dialog box. Look down at the command line. This is where CC3 requests most of it's input.
  • 7 months later
  • Quick question pertaining to this..

Measuring the Distance of my Background is giving odd results; seems like I'm getting 34 x 36, when I'm fairly certain I made the map as 1000x800.

Is there a more accurate way to determine what you made the map dimensions originally as? Or am I just doing something wrong?
    If the Distance tool says it is 34 x 36, then that is your map dimensions, as long as you make sure to measure from one end to the other. (You can also use the Length along tool to measure the length of a particular line). There is no way to find the 'Original' map dimensions.
  • 6 years later
  • Thanks Monsen!

I had exactly the same question - misjudged how much space I had to draw my dungeon map & needed to expand the background, border, and grid.