Whispered Discussions

Over on the left side of the screen, I have a "Discussion Filters" section, showing
* Bookmarked Discussions,
* Your Discussions,
* Whispered Discussions
* Whispered Comments

I understand the rest, but how do I start or get involved in a Whispered Discussion?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You cannot get involved in whispered discussions unless someone whispers a discussion to you. If someone does, you will see the discussion among the rest of the discussions, while it will be hidden for everyone else.

As for starting a whispered discussion; When you start a new discussion, there is a field where you can enter a the name of a user you wish to whisper the discussion to. If you enter anything here, only you and that user can see the discussion.
  • Think of it as a PM or 'personal mesaage'.
  • an other question to this topic:
    if i add a comment in an ongoing public discussion and insert a user in the "Whisper your comments to (optional)"-line, is it visible for all and the specific user is just notified by mail or is the comment only visible for this user?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    A whispered comment is only visible for you and the person you whisper to. There is no mail notification, unless the user you whisper to actually subscribes to the tread, but when you visit the forum after receiving a whisper, there is a notification bar at the top informing you of this, and where to find them.
    Inside a discussion, whispers also have a different background color.