Interactive FT Map

Q1.Okay … any thoughts as to how to make an interactive FT Pro map? I want to click on a section and get a CC3 map of the local region.

Answer. For interactive FT pro maps, you can either export them as an image and put them on a html-page and use image-maps to provide clickable zones that leads to fcw files. Or, you can save the entire surface as a CC2 map and add hotspots to other maps, or if you wish to keep the visual look of the FT-map, export it as an image, import that image into the background of a CC3 map, then add some hotspots.

Q2. For the interactive FT Map, will CC3 work? Hmm, never done an image map before. Most of my macro work has been in Excel spreadsheets, building game characters sheets and ISO 9000 libraries.

Answer. Yes. CC3 will do this nicely. As I said above, you have two options. Export a CC2 map from FT if it is the map you are after, and load it into CC3, then make some hotspots. If you rather wish it to look like the world appears in FT, just export a surface image, use the insert command in CC3 to put it in a map, and again, make some hotspots.
Of course, you can't create a interactive rotating globe or similar this way, but FT can show and export the map in a lot of interesting projections.

++++++
New problem. I tried this and the program kept freezing. I do NOT have CC2. Just CC3 and FT Pro. I tried to export the FT file to CC2 and the program got to the point of calculating World Data ... and kept locking up at 98%. Thoughts.

Comments