Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hello folks.
    I have been testing the Terraformer files and I did a little sample image for you guys. As you may or may not know - all of the worlds that have EVER been described in fantasy and sci fi have fallen under the definition of one of the four basic types of worlds, (Machine worlds and city worlds don't count because machine worlds are not natural planets - i.e. "The Deathstar" or the home world of "VGER", and coruscant is actually an urbanized volcanic DESERT WORLD - look it up - MWA HAAA!!! (man - am I a geek or what?)). Here's an image for you and you guys tell me if your happy with what the files can do. CRITICS WELCOME!
      FOURTYPESOFWORLDS2.png
    • CommentAuthorJoeyD473
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010 edited

Though I've owned FT for several years, I've never taken the time to get to know how to use it, but these worlds basically good to me, except that the temperate world looks flat, where the other three have "bumps" making them look like a satellite image.

edit: I just took another look, and I am apparently blind and now see the "bumps" or roughness in the temperate world.
    Joey - when you get your hands on the files that I'm putting together for you - your gonna have a lotta fun. I know I did creating them.
    • CommentAuthorJoeyD473
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010

I tried going through one of the basic tutorials once before and I got stuck on something with the water basins or waterways (or something like that), got frustrated and didn't go back. Hopefully I'll find some time and try again and hopefully make more headway
    Ok Joey - that's my point. A lot of people underestimate what you can do with this app.
    MAPS - CC3 can make'em look pretty...But F.T. Pro can make'em look real...
    • CommentAuthorAurelius
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010

Lava and surfaceless gas giants are two other types. Please amend. ;)

The images are gorgeous tho; really fantastic.
    Forgot one....WATER/OCEAN Worlds
    • CommentAuthorAnoril
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2010

Shush NeonKinght! He will start with a long and fuzzy explanation about an Ice World that went hot and melt... ;)

** kidding **
    These are of a very high standard - thank you. I'll post them on the ProFantasy site, with your permission.
    Permission granted my friend.