Merylsward Region Map (Eberron Campaign)

Hi Folks,

This is the first time ive posted a map in a long time. Please let me have comments, criticism and advice as needed !

The map is of the Merylsward region of the Eldeen Reaches in my Eberron campaign. Its an area ive not yet done a lot with but i want to use it as a new start off area with my son in his first D&D game !

Regards

Roger

Merylsward_Region[1]

Comments

• Just a quick update the the only sheet i effect i use is from the blur and glow on text - otherwise everything else is turned off.

Blur is set to 0.2

Glow is set to colours of 255 and the other settings at 2.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    This came out great, Roger! I hope you and your son have a wonderful time together. As a father myself, I'm even more glad now to have been of some small help. :)

I downloaded your FCW file and I think I know why the Peter Fenlon style pre-set sheet effects were looking wonky for you. Your map is of a small area, no where near as big as the 1000x800 default standard for CC3 maps. There are actually two pre-defined Peter Fenlon style sheet effects settings, Fenlon style, and Fenlon style small. The Peter Fenlon style small would probably look better on a map your size. You can change the pre-defined sheet settings in a map by using the pull down list on the Drawing Sheets and Effects dialog box on the right side right under the Activate Sheet Effects check box.
  • Thanks for the comments. As im also told ive got 4th Edition on the way as a Fathers Day present I shall probably use that for the campaign and that way we can both learn to play the game together which should be fun.

Anyone else got any comments ? How can the map be improved etc ?
  • Thats not bad at all sir. I like your style.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    A nice map. I think the main way of getting this to look better is to add some more effects though. Especially to soften up the mountain background a bit.
  • edited June 2008
    Ok taking in board comments so far ive updated the map see new attachment.

You will need to save the style sheet in Systems/Effects folder within CC3.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Looking much better now.
    Note that you don't need to distribute your style effect definition files along with the map. The styles are already embedded in the map. The definition is only needed to make new maps with the same effect settings.
    You may also wish to provide an exported image of the map, as in the first post, as the land background in the map is a bitmap fill not everyone is going to have available. An exported image makes it possible for everyone to see the map properly no matter what addons they have.