Worldmap help in Cosmographer

I recently purchased the Cosmographer and am trying to create a world map. I like how the hexes are filled in automatically, but am having problems with the partial hexes that appear at the edge of the map. I read the quickstart guide and it gave me the impression that I'd see an entire hex placed when I first put something down, but that a redraw would correct that and only show the partial hex.

That is not what's happening and I'm wondering if I have a setting wrong. I see the entire hex, all the time. It will display behind the numbers on the side of the map, or into the dead zone outside the map boundary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The templates used in the CC3 compatibility installation seems to be missing the entity that is supposed to cover these up. If you have CC2 installed, you can fire up Cosmographer there, and do a list on the border of the map (the border right around the hexes, not the outer square border), and you will see the entity.

In any case, this can be fixed by drawing a white polygon right outside the hexes on a sheet right above the symbols sheet (That would be a sheet listed below the symbols sheet in the sheet dialog box. Feel free to create a new sheet for this purpose). This should cover up any symbols extending beyond the edges of the hexes, but nothing else, since the grid and borders are drawn on top of it.
  • Monsen...thanks for the info. I created the sheet, added a few polygons, then moved the sheet about to get it right, and all is well. Thanks soo much for the info.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Happy to be of assistance. Have fun mapping.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.