Dungeon Map H1 Area 3

I turned my wheels a lot on this room, the objective here is that the stone floors are 10 feet above the dirt floors. I added a sheet for the dirt floors and a sheet for the "walls" where the floor has been dug out. I then placed an inner glow effect on the "walls". I think it turned out ok, but could be better. any comments or suggestions are welcome. I have another section of the dungeon that I need to use a similar technique, so any advice is welcome.
Area 3.PNG 1016.8K

Comments

• I think you're off to a good start BurningChrome. Showing depth has always been a challenge with CC3. The ladders help out and so do the lines branching off the stone floors. I have two suggestions that might help (mind you, I've never tried these myself, so this is just speculation).

1) Try tapering the lines that branch off the stone floors so they're thicker at the lip of the stone and get smaller as they get farther away.
    2) Make the outer glow on the the stone floors extend all the way to the tips of the lines. Also play with the color a bit to make it look more like the stone - I'm guessing a mid-gray will do nicely.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Good suggestions from John.

Another option is to use a Lighted Bevel on your raised floors. The attached image shows a section of floor on its own sheet with the bevel properties as shown.
  • Thanks all! I'm gonna redraw that area on it's own map soon and I'll try both of these suggestions. I'll post the results.

Ric