Duranthia - My first...

Here's my first attempt at a map.

Currently struggling with how to copy out a single island so I can paste it into detailed maps of each island.....

Comments

• You could do a 'rectangular bmp' section of just the one island as I show how in my tutorial.

Or, you could 'save as' the above map to a different filename, and trim out everything that isn't the island you want to keep.
  • I eventually had to go with the latter half of your suggestion ... I don't know how to get your rectangular bmp method to work.
  • Oh, here ya go.

Draw a map.

Bring up the 'save as' menu selection. Select 'rectangular bmp'.

Provide a filename you want the rectangular bmp to have.

You will now be back at the map, click on upper left of where you want the map to start. Drag mouse to lower right. Release mouse.

The part you defined with that rectangle will now save as a bmp, part of the original map.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited May 2010
    Currently struggling with how to copy out a single island so I can paste it into detailed maps of each island.....
    Hi, I assume you want the island in a new CC3 map, not a bmp export, right?

Simply copy the island into the clipboard: Ctrl-c, then select the parts you want, right-click, Do it.

Open the new map (or create it by going through the new map wizard, then paste the island into the new map).

Hope that helps!
  • edited May 2010
    Posted By: JimPOh, here ya go.

Bring up the 'save as' menu selection. Select 'rectangular bmp'. I didn't realize 'rectangular bmp' was an option on that pull down.

Aha! The missing link ... that works, Jim. Thanks much!
    Posted By: Ralf

Simply copy the island into the clipboard: Ctrl-c, then select the parts you want, right-click, Do it.

Open the new map (or create it by going through the new map wizard, then paste the island into the new map).
    Here's the problem I'm experiencing when I try this, Ralf .... If I follow your Copy method and, paste into the same map, I get the single island I selected, as expected.

If I then open another map or create a new map and paste, I get all the other islands (which I did NOT select) as well.
  • I will try the unlock you mention in the other thread, Ralf. Thanks!
  • edited May 2010
    Unlock isn't working, but, I have managed to get something working....

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Looks nice.
    I like the overall effect of varying styles between maps. Gives an impression that it wasn't the same (in-game) cartographer that made them all.
  • Some updates as I learn more about this fantastic program...Added some color, redefined the Darkwood to emphasize the arctic line and moved settled areas south to more inhabitable climates. Also cleaned up symbols around the labels to make them more readable.