My world building

I've had CC for years and finally decided to start using it recently. My Tome of Ultimate Mapping is out-dated now. :( I created a web page for my players to view my entire world as a series of thumbnails that they can click to get larger size. I scanned handmade maps and now I'm working with CC3 to fill in the rest of the "global" view (150+ maps). I've posted six CC3 maps so far. I'm walking through CC3 User Guide then I'll go through my ToUM to see if I can learn more tidbits. When I fill in global view I'll go back and redo the handmade maps in CC3. Each map is about 960x840 miles and really only show major / high points. I have more maps that scale down but want to fill in global view first before creating them.

By the time I fill in 216 sections / maps I hope to have mastered a good deal of CC3 so then I can move on to CD3 & DD3. I'll link to .fcw files after I've filled in global view & gone back and fixed my first maps based on feedback & tips.

Web site with maps located at World of Kabrala. Maps are too big to post here.

Please note that page is best viewed in Chrome or Internet Explorer (currently, they show thumbnail sizes so world view looks like what I want). Once thumbnails are physically populated I anticipate Mozilla browsers will render correctly. I didn't want to create 150+ dummy thumbnails to fix Mozilla as I normally use Firefox. I could fix with CSS after a lot of research/tweaking but then that would take me away from map making!

Any tips or suggestions would be most welcome.

Comments

• 9 days later
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    I like the idea of such a big map, and fixing it together in a web. Some maps are a bit... empty, and need some polishing, but it looks like a good starting and an ambitious design! Keep up the good work.