Animated Map gif

So I've got the Campaing going on so I spent most of today showing the lower half of the 'Known' world getting eatten by the Ghoul Hordes.

The First three Crusades

I used photoshop to put them all together. Problem is I can't get the entire length of 250 years of Crusades on one animated gif as photoshop keeps telling me I'm out of memory. There are Seven joint Crusades and a few independant Crusades and I'd like to string them all together. But if not I will just do one animated gif per Crusade.

What else could you think of to use Animated RPG maps?

Comments

• Animated symbols ?

Windmills, water wheels ?
  • TheElfTheElf Newcomer
    If you want an animation like that I would choose another system instead of Photoshop.

If you don't want zoom functionality, I would use powerpoint, probably with a bit more slides to be precise.
    Or you chould use Adobe Flash and place your images on the timeline, if you have Creative Suite and not only photoshop
    Or any video editing application, including free ones (some comes with windows, etc) and add the pictures to the timeline of the video.
    Or if you have access to any Visual Studio Express Edition products or anything from Borland Turbo product series and a bit of skill you can create a program to display your images :) this way zooming, adjusting speed, jumping to specific years, etc. is possible as well :)