The Isle of Gwent

Years ago I started a ad&d campaing.
For this I made the Island kingdom of Gwent.
Tried to make a map of it in CC3.
This is a work in progress. Comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    I like it - is this your first attempt with the program?

A section of the road on the west coast that appears a little too straight - I might use a smooth path for that and make it wind a little more.

I really like that the entire coast is encircled by inns (that presumably have bars inside)... :)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Good stuff. I'd probably use a different, a little more archaic looking font, instead of plain old Arial. Keep up the good work!
  • Very nice map, but I'm dying to know the origin of the "dog" and "cat" inns. Rival chains? :)
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    @jeardaph Have used CC3 before, not much but am no novice. Youre right, the road is straight, intentionally so but might change it as I agree this section is a bit to straight.

@Ralf Agree on the font, will change that.

@Barliman The kingdom on Gwent isn't very old. Today's king Roderick the 2nd is only the fifth king.
    The first king of Gwent, Rupert, had a hard time defeating the many orcs that lived on the island.
    Even today Gwent is by no means a safe island to travel without arms as many orcs still live in the mountains.
    So Rupert decided to build a fortified inns along the road. Each inn is about a days travel away from the next
    Usually the inn lords or ladies are veterans from the army and given an inn as a reward.
  • 14 days later
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    New version of the map.

As always, comment and/or suggestions are welcome.