Issue with SAVEASM command?

MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
I am using the SAVEASM command to export images, and I've set the image export setting to "crop". Exporting jpg and png images works nicely, but when I save it to a BMP file, the cropping is incorrect, and it instead generates a file of the exact dimensions configured, instead of cropping the parts outside the actual map area, leading to large white areas on te top/bottom or left/right depending on dimensions. Anyone know if this a a bug with this command? It only happens with .bmp export, .jpg and .png export works nicely with the exact same settings. It also only happens with SAVEASM; EXPORT doesn't have this problem

While on the subject of this command, is it possible to use it to export a rectangular selection, or do you have to use EXPORT to do that? How about the active window? I know WBS can save a rectangular image, but I really need a command I can use in a macro.

Comments

• I just use the File-> 'save as' menu selection. For that though sometimes the png isn't viewable in the browsers I use. So I same as a bmp and use Irfanview to convert it to a png.

Don't have my Tome handy as it is packed away in case we sell the house and move. The Tome has a macro command list in it, but I don't remember if there are details in there or not.

Have you posted to the cc2-l Macro list ?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: JimPHave you posted to the cc2-l Macro list ?
    No, not yet. This issue seems to be a bug with the command itself, so I will submit a tech support request to PF, just wanted to see if anyone on the forum had any good alternatives first, since strictly SAVEASM isn't perfect for my needs either. What I really need is a WBSM command.
  • Well, I was more refering to they may have a solution or work around.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Turns out there was a WBSM command after all, and it works great. I searched for in all the documentation without finding it, but I forgot the most obvious thing. I never tried just typing WBSM on the command line to see if CC3 would take it. Not my brightest moment. Oh well, at least it ended up with me learning about a new and highly useful command.