Another Fenlon-style map

I love Fenlon's mapping style, so when I discovered the Annual a couple of weeks ago, I dusted off my rusty CC skills and had a bash at a map from the old Dragon Warriors game, a setting I still use.

Comments and criticism invited...

Comments

• DkarrDkarr Traveler
    I love this style of map. I'd like to see more.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Very nice work. I really like the Fenlon style pack from the January '08 annual as well and expect it so see a lot of use.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi Andy, very nice to see you doing some mapping again!

And good work with the Fenlon-style. I'd probably add more details ... more small woods, single trees, hills, roads, paths, settlements, etc. Pete Fenlon's map live through the high amount of detail in them and yours is still a bit scarce.
  • It's good to be back, Ralf - and even better to be back as a simple user (for those who don't know, I was deeply involved in the CC2/Harn Mapping Project which, I strongly suspect, was directly responsible for many of the user-friendly innovations seen in CC2-Pro, and which have continued into CC3).

Yeah, on level of detail, it's way below Fenlon standards. I'm working from traces of a pre-published map at the "large" scale. The level of detail in the MERP maps simply isn't appropriate. I plan to hone the necessary techniques for the style on a smaller scale map (closer to the Fenlon 20 miles = 1 inch) the next time I get good map-making opportunity.

IMO, the Fenlon style is the most exciting thing to happen to Campaign Cartogropher since the release of v3. Way back in the '80s I spent hours with graphic pens, watercolours and coloured pencils trying to get 'the look'.

If Character Artist 3 gets an Angus McBride style, I'll... well, I'll be happy as a pig in muck!
  • Hello, Andy.
    Wow, Legend.
    If you can share the maps of that world, I'd be overjoyed - I still use that world, too.
  • When I have some finished, Darren, I'll pop them on the profantasy map page.