Help? O_o

So, I can't seem to post. This is partly just a test; If THIS post goes through, it will be... well, something, since I can't figure out why this one would and the other one wouldn't. I typed up a big post asking for help with various CC3 aspects I've been having trouble with, but every time I go to "start the discussion" (that IS what I should be clicking on, right? "Star a new discussion"? The format of this forum is pretty alien to me, haha) it just says "Some problems occurred. The requested discussion could not be found." So... yeah. Any thoughts?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This post seemed to work. Did you try attaching any files to the other post? If the file is too large, you will get that rather confusing error message. If you did wish to use an attachment, try to post the message first, then edit it and add the attachment afterward.
  • CielCiel Traveler
    edited January 2010
    Aaaaand that post went through fine. No idea what's preventing the other post I typed up from going through, but every time I try to post it, it gives me that same error message. I suppose it's nice to see that I can post at all, haha... But it is a pretty strange problem. I didn't think the above post would go through, or I would have put a more descriptive title. In any case, any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Monsen posted at almost the same time I was typing my second post. No attachments... a fairly long post, but just text. I was trying to post it in the "Community Support" section, if that makes any difference...
  • CielCiel Traveler
    So, I split my post into two parts, and that seemed to do the trick. They are both posted over in Community Support now. I didn't think the post was THAT big, but eh... I do tend to be really wordy. ^^ The only other problem is that - no matter how I type the post up - each post is one huge paragraph with no line breaks, and there are no spaces after my periods. I need a crash course in the operations of this forum, haha. Anyway, thanks for trying to help, Monsen. Is there a text size limit to posts? If so, maybe I ran into it... if not, then who knows. O_o
    I fixed the formatting for you. When you have selected "BBCode" as the format, you need to insert [br] tags to make new lines. I just switched your comments over to html instead, and edited the few BBCode tags you had into the corresponding HTML instead.

I believe there might be a word limit on the post size. I am trying to get some more info about that.
  • CielCiel Traveler
    Aha, thank you for fixing that! As you can see, my forum formatting skills (HTML or BBCode) are not so great. XD I will remember what I've learned from you in the future, tho. ^^
    The topic looks much better now that it's got actual paragraphs...lol Should make it a lot easier for anyone who might be able to help to actually read it. Thanks again!
    edited January 2010
    If you don't want to deal with formatting at all, you can also just set the format indicator below the writing area to "Text". But generally, Html does the same as Text, but allows you to add html tags as well.... BBCode is just as in other forums, except that you MUST use [br] to create linebreaks
  • 2 years later
  • edited October 2012
    Hello
    I post this message just to see if it's possible for me to do so. An admin asked me to do this.

EDIT So, everything is ok. Sorry for the incursion.