splitting a bitmap in two?

hello,
i'm not sure if this is possible, but i would think it is. I am making an underground city, and there are large stone (dark) bitmap areas for the cave walls and such. But there are places i would like to add a new passage way through those walls (bitmaps) and so therefore split them apart. But, i've been trying various techniques and none of them work, i'm sure i am doing the wrong steps to make it happen. How can one cut an opening in such a bitmap or is it even possible? I will keep going through manual and trying other ways as well. thanks :)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Were these walls made with a drawing tool? If so, just bring up the same tool again, and you'll notice the command line has an option E - Edit. Just enter edit mode to edit an existing polygon. Even if you didn't use a drawing tool, you can use the regular edit commands to edit the polygon.
    If you wish to split it completely in two, I believe the easiest way is to make an identical copy of the object (using the copy command, placing them right on top of each other), then edit away half of one object, and the other half of the other.
  • Bitmaps ? Hmm. You can cut a square or rectangle out of a bitmap by using Irfanview.