Making a river with varying widths?

hello,
well finally after some time not being able to work with the cc3 products due to various reasons i'm now back at it full force. I'm working on a large city (actually an underground one) and want to make a river that snakes through the city. But I would like it have varying widths from say 300 feet to parts that are about 800 feet with an island in the middle of the big part, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

To make the river I used a line of 300 feet wide and drew it through the city. But then how is it possible to change the widths at various parts? thanks for your help and i'm so glad to be back, also just got the cites, temples and other addons and they are wonderful.

Comments

• hmmmm...ok been messing around. so not sure if it was a good idea or not, but i made a bunch of smooth polys to widen certain spaces, then turned them into multipolies and it filled them in, then i took all the various lines (turned to paths) and the multipolies and grouped them together into one entity and it seems to have worked...does that make sense or did i just do some horrible faux pas? thanks :))
  • If it worked, I'd say GREAT! IT Worked!!
    I would have done several different river entities of different widths then cleaned up where they connected, if needed, but I think your method is great.