Sea level variations

I've generated a world using Fractal Terrains. I modified some portions of the world (dried part out to a desert, lowered the global water level). When I export to CC3, using the multiple files option, it does not maintain the global water level changes. Is there some trick I am missing in the export, or something I need to do to change the water levels prior to export (instead of Tools -> Global Lower -> Water Level)?

Comments

• 4 years later
  • TeresaTeresa Newcomer
    Hi, ELuken.

Has anyone got back to you - or maybe you've found a way around the problem yourself?

I created this continent which has something akin to the American Death Valley... meaning, it's below the sea level. This feature plays a really important role in the story so there's no way I can do without it. I've used the 'paint water level' feature, but when I try to export, the desert becomes a sea. >_<

Can anyone help?
  • 7 days later
  • I found that I needed to change those special areas individually, by redescribing them using the 'Change Properties' button. For example, below sea level death valley desert: give this the appropriate layer, sheet, and fill. This does mean you cannot use 'multipoly', or else you won't be able to change specific areas. I use it extensively on my world maps exported from FT
  • Oh, forgot to say: you do this in the CC3 map after the export.
  • Thanks, qwalker. That was really helpful. I can breathe much better now. :)
  • Hmm. Now I've got the opposite problem.

My 'death valley' area is a mountain range away from the sea. So when I finished drying up the below-sea-level-altitudes, I discovered I had dried up much of the sea too.

Any thoughts and suggestions on how to dry -100 areas inland, while keeping the coastal -100 wet?