Cutting Walls w/ Symbols

I've got all of the latest CC3 products and Symbols and patches. I've used the Floorplan Wizard to create a floor plan, now I'm putting in the internal walls, using the wall symbols in DD3. The problem I'm having is when I place doors from the SS3, they don't cut -- just get placed on top of the existing wall. And the Wall Cut 5' symbol in DD3 just sits on top of the wall as well -- I get a nice scissors symbol on my wall. What do I need to do to get this to work correctly?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I don't think any symbols are cutting anymore, you will need to use the "scissor" symbol to cut the walls. There do seem to be a bug in the one from SS3 though, that the scissor stick around even after cutting. But in my tests, they did actually cut the wall, so when deleting the symbols manually afterwards, everything was ok.
    Be aware that when you are using the cutting tool, it just as happily snaps to your floor as your wall, so you'll probably want to hide or freeze all layers except for your walls, or at least any layers that might conflict.