CC3 Keeps Crashing Out in Vista

Hi All,

Ive recently reinstalled my CC3,DD3, CD3 software on my system including all patches etc. I now simply can't use it as it crashes out every time i try and do anything. Anyone got any ideas ?

I can open a map but as soon as i try and manipulate that map, regardless of tool being used it crashes out.

Please help !

Regards...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Have you tried following the vista installation instructions. If you have, and still experience problems, I would recommend you contact ProFantasy Tech Support, so the support staff can work with you directly to help resolve your problem.
  • Thanks Monsen,

Im going to reinstall everything again and see if i can get it to work.

If i still have problems i will contact Profantasy !

Regards...
  • 11 days later
  • DargurdDargurd Traveler
    edited January 2010
    Hi All,

OK got it all up and running again, however i now seem to have a problem that ive installed an old map and the entire background layer e.g. land, sea etc is Red X's.Buildings are all there but the background is missing. It appears as if all the textures are missing as even some of the buildings are missing their normal colours.

Any suggestions ?
  • I know it puts those red X's in when it can't find the file associated with those textures.

For example, if your map used some bitmap that came with an Annual and you didn't reinstall the Annual it'll put those X's in when you try to open it, or if you had some custom image for the background and it's no longer there.

Are the things that are missing standard textures that ought to have come with CC3 or the other add-ons you installed?
  • OK folks problem solved. When i reinstalled everything i forgot to install the VH REZ BITMAPS - doh !
  • 6 days later
  • Mine has been crashing out with vista too and i've followed the instructions on Vista numerous times, taken computer in to be looked at, clean bill of health. What is the VH REZ BITMAPS? I've seen no mention of this on the vista instructions and suggestions and I'm at my wits end with this program. I'm computer literate, can follow instructions, college educated what gives?
  • Very high resolution bitmaps. Some add-ons came with them, but need to be downloaded from your registration page.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Actually no, VH resolution bitmaps are only a separate download for City Designer 3 - because a single download was just so huge. Check your order page where you ordered CD3. It has a link to the VH bitmaps.