Campaign Setting Alyeen

Something for an upcoming game. Feedback? Comments? Click for a larger image!

-Avotas

Comments

• I enjoyed your map very much! Very simple. Not an over use of symbols, totally opposite of my style. However, I am our intentions for our maps are a little different. I like what you did with the blue color scheme! very creative and clever. I like it! Good work!
  • 9 days later
  • Well, its kinda hard to type out a comment when I have to keep picking my jaw up off the keyboard.
  • This map has some pinache! I really like your sea contours, and there's a great simplicity. I love it. My only question is why the western edge was cropped off? Was this intentional? I really like how this is a map of a peninsula (or part of an island?) that actually has land dominant instead of a big buffer of sea around the edges, actually. And the water is just... great!
  • edited January 2010
    Nice map Avotas, but I expect nothing less of you :-) You can do some great things with the software. Very good use of colors, layout is nice and you didn't overuse the symbols. It reminds me a bit of the Verena regional map I did, so that's another reason why I like it.
  • As for the eastern and western edges, what is beyond is a mystery! I wanted people to get a feel the world was bigger then that one location, without having to draw out the whole world. In game location 70 is actually a 68 mile 30' steel wall that spans the mountains that acts as boarder between countries. It gives me some plot points, some history, and keeps players from exploring off map. I really need to make a custom symbol for that, shouldn't be hard.

As for the water, I was inspirited by the Mordhill Map by Derek Wallace. So Gandwarf if that’s you influenced me =)

Thanks for the comments!

-Avotas
  • I think what confuses me with the Western edge is that it looks like the white of the coast continues in a straight line up, so I don't get the feeling that the land continues but rather that the land ends there just a bit uncomfortably with the border.
  • Very nice! You should consider playing with the sheet effects next. Maybe blend all those white and blue sea contours with the blur effect.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted By: jaerdaphYou should consider playing with the sheet effects next.
    I second that. But I'm sheet effects addicted...
    Great design for gaming, lots of opportunities here. Particularly like the placement of the chasm symbols.
  • goldgrae,

Yes, I will adjust that. It's an artifact of the "Beach" style sheet I have on nice catch =)