Merging maps?

Is there some way to merge maps together? Say, Ive made a bunch of island maps, but want to put them all together into a world map. Anyways to do that other then redraw them all by hand? Id think it wouldn't be too hard for the program to take the completed map, place it on the new one, and scale to size. Cant find anything though.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    One way to do it is to create a new map large enough to hold all the other, then open the other maps one by one, copying the contents (Except for the map border and such), and paste it into the new map. Since scale is measured in miles on all overland maps )or km if you use metric maps), no rescaling should be required. (As long as maps was drawn to scale from the start)
  • Ok cool, that's exactly what I want to do... cant seem to pull it off though. Sorry, Im new to CC. Do I have to have both maps open at once for this? When I open a map, it replaces the currently opened map, and while I can get multiple windows of the same map, they are all closed when I try to open a different map...
    Thanks for the help. :D
  • Open the first map. Insert the rest.

Insert is under the Draw menu.

Of course, if you have borders on the maps, you will have to select the map border layer, freeze and hide all the rest. The delete the border.

Then insert the other maps into the first one, matching the edges.

Save often to 'save as' filename01, then save as filename02, etc. until done. This way if you make a mistake or crash, you have a backup.

If you just save, and it turns out the save is bad, you get to start over.

Good Luck !
  • Awsome worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch.