DD3 menu items now working after Patch 8

So I installed patch 8 the other day and was trying a new DD3 map when I found that some things are not working like I expected.
First, whenever I click the Erase command, either from the edit menu or from the tool bar button, it erases EVERYTHING! The whole map gone!

Second thing I found was that the Floor Tool doesn't work. When I click the Floor tool button, I get a message saying there is no matching tool.

I know both of these things were working before patch 8. But this is the first time I've tried DD3 since installing the patch. It might not be the patch but it's the only changes to my CC3 install that I've done. Oh, except for installing the December Annual.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For the erase command, it seems like your selection method is off. Try typing SELECTBYD into the status bar at the bottom and hit enter. Now try the erase command again. (You can also set your select method through Tools -> Options -> Select method -> "Dialog or Popup")

What kind of map are you trying the floor tool on? Tools are map spesific, and this tool might not exist on some styles. I just tested a basic DD3 map, and the tool works just fine.
  • You were correct about my select method. I changed that and now my erase command works fine again. As for the Floor command, it is a standard DD3 map. I had the thought to re-run Patch 8 and then restarted my computer and the Floor Tool came back again.

Thanks so much! Everything is back to normal.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Good to hear. Keep mapping :)