Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorkewlpack
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009

First post out here - saying "hey". ;)

I guess you could say I'm an OLD gamer (started playing basic d&d around '79). I've caught the RPG bug again in recent years and was asked by some friends to convert the 30 year old campaign (yes thirty) to digital media. Needless to say, there's a TON of work to do. I just happened onto CC3/DD3/CD3 and FT over the weekend. What an amazing suite of tools. Wish I had these back in the day! Too much fun!

My daughter (13) is catching her dad's gaming bug too. She sketched out some simple dungeon maps a few weeks ago. Basic pencil stuff, the way we all started. So I grabbed one of her maps and used it as a training/test case for DD3. I used Photoshop to do the text overlays, but the rest is all DD3.

What do ya think? I love this stuff. w00t!
      NakraalMedFull.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009

Very good work! Great to hear, that you're enjoying the software and getting the young ones into the hobby. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbearclaw
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009

I like it! Very nice. I have some 'maps' my 6 year old wanted to make. He told me what to put on and where and we did up some maps. Lots of volcanos....
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009

Fantastic !
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009

Good map. Hoping youre going to post the other levels too.
    • CommentAuthorkewlpack
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009

Thanks very much for the kind feedback! I've been wrestling with CC3 to make the overland maps for the campaign. There are over 70 penciled maps to convert that just cover the known mapped world. The first map I'm recreating has lots and lots of mountain ranges, tightly clustered with alpine ridges and stuff. I've put so many mountain objects down that CC3 can barely render with any sheets activated. :(

I'll work on the second level of this dungeon once I get the overland mapping technique figured out. It's a lot to learn - especially the right balance of detail versus rendering overhead.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009

Great work - it's nice to see someone get up, running and mapping so quickly too!
    That's a first try? Wow! Can't wait for the next!