Font Preview not Working

I recently updated my version of CC3 with the new patch all well and good apart from one 'glitch' I can no longer preview my Fonts when clicking on the [More Fonts] button. I can select any font I have installed from the very basic Times New Roman to some of my more fantasy oriented text for example, Lucida Blackletter etc. Previous to the patch the preview worked fine now the preview window does not even appear. I know preview has issues with certain font styles but it no longer works on ANY fonts.

It is a little frustrating now that I have to go into a separate font viewing application to find the style I want before returning to CC3 to use it! Is this a known issue? has anyone encounterd it before? and how do I fix it? or is there some tick box somewhere that has become 'unticked' so to speak?

Cheers all.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Seems to be a bug with the patch. I can confirm this happening on my own computer and in my test environment. Working under v3.24, but not under v3.40.
  • Happening to me as well running patch 8 v3.40 on WinXP SP3.

I've been using The Font Thing to group my fonts into similar styles and periods for awhile now, so that's probably why I didn't notice the preview problem until now.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited December 2009
    This is something that cropped up during development of Update 8, but we thought was fixed. We'll look into it.

EDIT: Sorry, I must still be a bit knackered from the weekend and misread the error report. Indeed a change to the "More font" dialog removed the preview ... as you've said it was working unreliably anyway. We'll be looking at re-adding a more reliable version.