CC3 Update 8 now available

Hi folks,

the new update for CC3 (Update 8) is now available from the registration page.

The update consolidates all the recent downloads we made available for CC3 (manual, new vector drawing styles, new drawing tools), and very importantly fixes the stability issues some user have experienced under Vista.

It also introduces several new features like improved bitmap export, isometric hex grid, new drawing tool shapes and new sheet effects. See the Readme that appears after installation for details.

Hope it helps,
Ralf

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Thanks for the update!

After updating it on a Win7 (RC) 64 bit machine, the PNG exports somehow disappear. Saving as BMP or JPG works fine, but when I save as PNG it seems like the program is saving, but I cannot find it. Searching for the filename shows the file in "recent items", but Windows cannot find the file itself.

Any ideas?
  • 6 days later
  • Some of my Symbol Libraries also have a big red "X" on some symbols. Fresh install with Patch 8. How can I fix this?
  • The big red X! Means CC is looking for the png references in a folder and can't find them because they have been moved. have you changed the folders names or moved these libraries?
  • Well, not yet. I just accepted the defaults for everything. I can uninstall and reinstall again to make sure I didn't goof something up.

Also - related to CC3... I'm trying to get the CSUAC installed properly. I have all the clipart zips downloaded and extracted to the right folder. Is there any other installer that has to be run? Some of the online videos indicate there is...

thanks for your help!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Which symbols (In which libraries) are showing this behaviour?

As for the CSUAC, no, there is no installer needed to get it working. It is just a bunch of symbols and symbol catalogs, so as long you unzip them to the correct directory, they will work. You might want to try this tip to give yourself easier access to these catalogs though.