How to create Sci-Fi Dungeon?

I own CC3, FT Pro, and Cosmographer.

Very new user here.
I'd like to create an underground mine complex for a BattleTech RPG campaign. Any suggestions as to how to go about this?
I'd like to end up with rough cut passageways predominately, with some manufactured rooms (metal walls) and corridors in places, using a hex overlay, each hex being 5 meters/hex scale.

The Cosmographer Deck Plans shows up with a usable symbol set, but I don't like the "template", it uses. I'd really rather just have a "Dungeon" with options to use some of the symbols from Cosmographer. Trying this, I can't use the sci-fci style scales, etc. but end up with the fantasy styled items.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• You can create a minimal dungeon with CC3.

Just select a small scale template and draw tunnels in it. Add Cosmo symbols to it. Most likely you wil have to try a few methods, adjusting scale of the symbols might be a bit of a problem.

Hmm. I have dungeon designer.

I'll see if I can toss together an example.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited November 2009
    Okay. I managed it. Kinda easy for me, been at this a long time.

Here are my steps.

start CC3. Select File menu-> New -> Overland maps 'select settings myself'.

Next -> CC3 standard overland.

Next. The next window is size. It defaults to 1,000 miles by 800 miles.

I made it 10 miles by 8 miles.

Saved as to a filename.

I changed the background to a brown rectangle.

I drew a lighter brown corridor. I used 'draw line' right side of the drawing area. With line width at 1 mile. I added a perpendicular side corridor, also 1 mile.

You could use the Polygon tool to draw the corridors. It lets you draw non-standard shapes. Making a layer for 'guide' and then usng the Polygon tool to draw a non-straight, jagged, corridor using a straight line on guide as a guide. (Pun not nesssarily intended. hint 'straight line')

I clicked on the Cosmographer add-on link/symbol at the top row part above the drawing area. I browsed to the Cosmo symbols.

I selected symbols and added them to the map.

Now, of course, the symbols are huge.

At a symbol scale of 0.1, the hatch is 1911.25 feet across. The barrels are 1508.7 feet across.

So you will need to adjust the symbol size.

The symbol size CC3 came up with was 0.001, making the symbols hard to see at a map size of 10 miles by 8 miles.
  • Trying to follow this, but I'm CC3 challenged. How do I change the background to brown vs. the seascape which is the default?
  • I hid and froze everything except the backgorund.

Right click on Change Properties on right side. Select Fill Style. Click on the background. It should change color. Select Do It from the menu under your cursor. Then type the word Solid. Press the enter key.

You should now have a light blue rectangle.

Select a color brown about number 37.

Right click Change Properties, left side of CC3. Select Change Color. Click on the background. Select Do It. Type the number. In this case 37. Press the enter key.

You now have a brown background.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Mettius, here is a quick and dirty adjustment of an existing Cosmographer deckplan template with a dungeon dirt background. Used it as a fixed template and resize it to fit your needs.

Hope that helps,
    Ralf