Crestar site problems and fixed. and updates

okay, I upgraded my blog. I knew I should have waited. I didn't. It didn't go 'ta-dah' it went 'kha-thud'. I have mostly put it back together.

So, the category, site name menu at the top of my site pages, and menus at top is corrected.

However, links leading to large pngs and static links are very likely to lead to a 404 page or to the wrong large png or to the wrong blog post.

My apologies. I'll work on it as I have time.

My site

Comments

• 6 days later
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited March 2010
    I'm progressing on the link fixes.

When you visit my site, look on the left for the Categories, the one at the top that says 'May, 2008 links check' are the pages and posts I have checked.

I have made my 'What is new ?' page the entrance page to my blog so you can easily track what is fixed.

March 13, 2010: this post is no longer true.
    edited May 2008
    I have just over 40 percent of the blog entries' links fixed to point to the correct page.

Whew. Going to go take a nap.

New maps will be put on hold until I get this done. As far as I can tell, my connection to my web site hiccuped during the upgrade. So my problems have nothing to do with Wordpress and the other items I use to run/create my websites.

edit: May 15, 2008

55 percent done.
  • 10 days later
  • now at 82 percent fixed. Yipeee !
    edited April 2016
    Okay. I think I'm done.

I have done more blog links. 1153 of 1195 done. 96 percent done.

But I am unable to locate any posts/pages and links that haven't been checked.

So if you spot one that isn't fixed, please let me know. Thanks !
  • 4 months later
    edited December 2008
    I had to take down my form mail link, I have added a new one.

So, if you see something wrong on my Crestar site, just go to the Crestar form mail page and let me know !

Thanks !

The link to it is on my 'what is new' page.
  • 1 month later
    edited April 2016
    Well, I am slowly moving from wordpress to free movable type blog. I have found and fixed links pointing to the wrong page/entry. since my desktop has failed, I am doing the work on my laptop, which needs some major upgrades. I'll post when I get done. Just about 'only' 650 links to correct/change from the wp method to the mt method. The url will stay the same as the site entrance.

Crestar Now on Textpattern CMS, April 18, 2016.
  • 17 days later
    edited April 2016
    Less than 200 static links to change left to do. I just might have this done before Jan, 2009.

The search in Movable Type is doing a better job of showing me duplicate posts, posts with identical urls, etc. So I have found a number, around 50, bad links, etc. I feel I wouldn't have found otherwise.

MT lets me use static pages, rather than database entry numbers for links. If the database hiccups, the links all still point to the correct page/entry.

I do plan some more content next year, people, stores, etc. on my Crestar site. I want to update my starship site as well. Hopefully I will be giving Character Artist and City Designer a work out.

my Starship site Starship added to my Traveller site.

Crestar over 1,000 maps.

If anyone has some CA templates or symbols not in the present CA, and you would be willing to share, please let me know. I am particularly interested in non-humanoid/non-human extraterrestrials. Planetary and vacuum capable rover type vehicles. I will provide a link back to your web site.

Oh, I am looking for vector symbols and new bitmap fills. Sorry, not png symbols.