Maps for "Wizard Kings" by Columbia Games

RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
Does anybody here play the board game Wizard Kings by Columbia Games? If yes, you might find the following of interest.

I've recently pulled my copy off the shelf, dusted it off, and started to tinker around with it. I noticed that Columbia games made eps files available for players to create their own maps, and (of course) I thought this might also be easily done with CC3. While re-creating their style, it came to me that the maps might look better in one of the CC3 styles. I tried a couple and ended up re-doing the maps I have in the Annual 2007's Mercator Historial style.

This is an original map, as available on the Columbia website:

And this is my re-imagining of the same map (posted with permission from Columbia Games):

Now, I can't make these maps available in a print-ready format, since they are reworks of commercial products by Columbia Games. But I can provide the tools I created for the maps. Just unzip these over your CC3 install, and you'll find a new (fixed) template in Overland Maps that gives you the basis for a WK game map. You'll need the Annual 2007 "Mercator Historical" style though, as this is an addition to that style.

Even if you don't want to make WK maps yourself, you may find the mercator_additional.fsc symbol catalog useful. It contains a number for new symbols for the style, including some bridges and a stonehenge symbol.
LoopysueLoreleiAutumn GettyWeathermanSwedenmotardoIndara1920

Comments